Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Toasts
- 3 tablespoons jarred pesto
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices baguette
- 16 fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place first 4 ingredients (pesto through black pepper) in a food processor; process until smooth. Spread 2 teaspoons of pesto mixture evenly over each bread slice. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes. Garnish each slice with 1 parsley leaf.
Divvy the labor: Adults make pesto and slice baguette, kids spread pesto mixture on bread; place slices on cookie sheet. Garnish with parsley.
- Yield: Serves 16 (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||74|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||28%|
|Fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Protein per serving:||1.6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||11.6g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.5mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||139mg|
|Calcium per serving:||10mg|