Sweet Caramel Apple Pie
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 cups sliced, peeled Granny Smith apples (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup fat-free caramel sundae syrup
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 teaspoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons regular oats
Preheat oven to 375°.
Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges under; flute. Line dough with a piece of foil and arrange pie weights or dried beans on foil. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove pie weights and foil. Cool on a wire rack.
Combine granulated sugar, cornstarch, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a bowl; sprinkle over apples. Toss gently. Stir in caramel. Spoon apple mixture into prepared crust. Combine 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in oats. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Shield edges of crust with foil. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Make this pie the day before and let it stand overnight to set.
- Yield: serves 10 (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||276|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||29%|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.2g|
|Protein per serving:||0.8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||49.3g|
|Fiber per serving:||2.2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||12mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||209mg|
|Calcium per serving:||20mg|