Pork Satay Appetizer
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Cut pork into 24 (6 x 1/2-inch) strips; place in a large bowl.
Combine peanut butter and next 6 ingredients (peanut butter through garlic) in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add 1/4 cup peanut butter mixture to pork; toss well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Reserve remaining peanut butter mixture.
Thread pork onto 24 (6-inch) skewers.
Preheat grill or broiler.
Place skewers on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; grill or broil 3 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with reserved peanut butter mixture.
You can also try this recipe with chicken or shrimp. If you like, double the quantities for the sauce.
- Yield: serves 12 (serving size: 2 skewers and 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter mixture)
|Calories per serving:||68|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||36%|
|Fat per serving:||2.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||8.8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||2g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||25mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.6mg|
|Sodium per serving:||108mg|
|Calcium per serving:||7mg|