Warm Asian Noodle Salad
- 1/4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce with garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound uncooked linguine
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1 cup (2-inch) strips red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
To prepare sauce, combine first 9 ingredients (peanut butter through garlic) in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
To prepare salad, cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add carrots and snow peas; let stand 2 minutes. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Place pasta mixture, bell pepper, and onions in a large bowl.
Combine peanut sauce and cooking liquid. Pour over pasta mixture; toss well. Serve warm.
Note: Hot chili sauce with garlic can be found in the Asian section of most large supermarkets.
- Yield: serves 7 (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||185|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||29%|
|Fat per serving:||6.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Protein per serving:||7.1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||27.6g|
|Fiber per serving:||3.6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||512mg|
|Calcium per serving:||33mg|