Garlic and Herb Roast Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 4 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Rosemary sprigs (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
Combine mustard and next 5 ingredients (mustard through garlic). Toss 2 tablespoons mustard mixture with vegetables. Spread remaining mustard mixture evenly over chicken. Arrange chicken in pan with vegetables. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
Garnish with a rosemary sprig, if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup vegetables)
|Calories per serving:||314|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||14%|
|Fat per serving:||5.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||32.8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||39.6g|
|Fiber per serving:||5.2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||66mg|
|Iron per serving:||3.2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||528mg|
|Calcium per serving:||81mg|