Curried Duck with Cranberry Couscous
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (14-ounce) packages boneless whole duck breasts, thawed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (about 1 (3-ounce) package)
- 1 (15.75-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup cranberry chutney (such as Crosse and Blackwell)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Prepare grill; set to medium heat.
Combine curry, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon curry powder mixture for cranberry mixture. Rub meat side of breast with remaining curry powder mixture.
Place duck on grill rack, skin sides up. Cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness; remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
Bring cranberries and broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in reserved curry powder mixture and couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous mixture onto plates.
Carefully remove skin from all breasts; cut each breast in half. Then cut each breast half into 1/2-inch-thick slices and arrange them on top of couscous mixture. Serve with chutney; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 5 ounces duck, 3/4 cup couscous, 1 tablespoon chutney, and 1 tablespoon cilantro)
|Calories per serving:||548|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||29%|
|Fat per serving:||17.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Protein per serving:||42.3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||52.3g|
|Fiber per serving:||4.3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||132mg|
|Iron per serving:||5.2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||604mg|
|Calcium per serving:||43mg|