White Bean and Bacon Dip with Rosemary Pita Chips
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 (6-inch) pitas, each cut into 8 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 2 applewood-smoked bacon slices, chopped (such as Nueske's)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 350Â°.
To prepare chips, combine first 4 ingredients. Arrange pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly coat pita wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with rosemary mixture. Lightly recoat pita wedges with cooking spray. Bake at 350Â° for 20 minutes or until golden.
To prepare dip, cook bacon in a small saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add garlic to drippings in pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add broth and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Combine bean mixture, onions, and remaining ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Spoon mixture into a bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon reserved bacon. Sprinkle dip with remaining bacon just before serving. Serve with pita chips.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3 pita chips and 3 tablespoons dip)
The homemade rosemary-flecked chips are a great complement to the garlicky dip, but store-bought pitas or bagel chips are a fine stand-in.
|Calories per serving:||137|
|Calories from fat:||25%|
|Fat per serving:||3.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Protein per serving:||4.7g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||20.5g|
|Fiber per serving:||2.6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||3.8mg|
|Iron per serving:||1.4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||397mg|
|Calcium per serving:||39mg|