Beef and Bok Choy Hot Pot
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup low-salt beef broth
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/4 cups chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrot
- 2 cups hot cooked wide rice noodles or fettuccine
Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add beef, browning on all sides. Add broth mixture, green onions, garlic, and ginger; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Stir in bok choy and carrot, and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Serve beef mixture over noodles.
You'll need a fork and a spoon to enjoy this meal. You can use most any greens in place of the bok choy, including spinach or Napa cabbage.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups beef mixture and 1/2 cup noodles)
|Calories per serving:||369|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||29%|
|Fat per serving:||11.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4.2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.4g|
|Protein per serving:||26.3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||36.6g|
|Fiber per serving:||3.5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||71mg|
|Iron per serving:||3.8mg|
|Sodium per serving:||931mg|
|Calcium per serving:||90mg|