- 1/2 cup (1-inch) sliced asparagus
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh mozzarella or Asiago cheese
- 2 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
Place the sliced asparagus in a small microwave safe bowl; cover. Microwave at high 20 seconds.
Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (milk through egg), stirring with a whisk.
Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add beans and onion; sauté 30 seconds. Add egg mixture; reduce heat to medium, and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle the asparagus and basil evenly over egg mixture, and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with cheese.
Wrap handle of pan with foil. Broil for 4 minutes or until top is set and cheese melts. Sprinkle with tomatoes.
- Yield: 1 serving
|Calories per serving:||278|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||29%|
|Fat per serving:||8.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Protein per serving:||29.5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||18.7g|
|Fiber per serving:||5.8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||224mg|
|Iron per serving:||3.1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||749mg|
|Calcium per serving:||193mg|