Mini Red Pepper-Mushroom Pizza
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon sliced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (6-inch) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3/4 cup torn spinach
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of salt
Place bell pepper half, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and finely chop. Combine bell pepper, juice, and garlic, stirring well.
Preheat oven to 450°.
Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
Place crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread bell pepper mixture evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle basil evenly over bell pepper mixture; top with spinach. Spoon mushroom mixture evenly over spinach; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 450° for 4 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with black pepper and salt.
Although you only use half of the bell pepper in this pizza, go ahead and roast both halves; use the other half in a sandwich.
- Yield: 1 serving
|Calories per serving:||467|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||30%|
|Fat per serving:||15.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||8.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Protein per serving:||22.4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||58.7g|
|Fiber per serving:||2.6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||33mg|
|Iron per serving:||4.8mg|
|Sodium per serving:||829mg|
|Calcium per serving:||589mg|