- 1 (18.25-ounce) package light devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 (5.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur) or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 (8-ounce) carton frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped reduced-fat chocolate toffee crisp bars (about 4 bars) (such as Hershey's Sweet Escapes)
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Spoon batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Combine milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl; prepare according to package directions.
Tear half of cake into pieces; place in a 3-quart bowl or trifle dish. Pour half of Kahlúa over cake pieces; top with half of pudding, whipped topping, and chocolate bars. Repeat procedure with remaining cake, Kahlúa, pudding, whipped topping, and chocolate bars. Cover; chill at least 4 hours.
A half cup of Kahlúa gives this mocha-chocolate trifle a kick. Chocolate lovers will appreciate this dessert that's lighter in calories but big on taste. Don't skip the toffee, you'll want that crunch!
- Yield: 16 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||269|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||14%|
|Fat per serving:||4.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.9g|
|Protein per serving:||4.1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||48.4g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||16mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||476mg|
|Calcium per serving:||93mg|