Capellini with Bacon and Bread Crumbs
- 8 ounces whole wheat or regular capellini
- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
1. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. When pasta is done, reserve 1⁄2 cup cooking water; drain pasta and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat; add bacon. Cook, stirring, until bacon is
crispy, about 5 minutes. add garlic and crushed red pepper; stir 1 minute or until fragrant. add tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
3. add broth to pan. simmer the mixture until broth is thick and has reduced to about 1⁄4 cup, 5–8 minutes.
4. While sauce cooks, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. add panko and toast, stirring occasionally, until golden, 2–3 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove sauce from heat; stir in 2 teaspoons parmesan and parsley.
7. Toss sauce with pasta in pot; add cooking water to reach desired consistency, if needed.
8. Divide among 4 serving plates. top with reserved bread crumbs and remaining parmesan.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Friends coming for dinner? This quick recipe delivers restaurant-quality flavor and appeal in no time.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (Serving size: About 2 cups)
Resistant Starch: 1.6g
|Calories per serving:||274|
|Fat per serving:||9.5g (sat 2.5g, mono 4.9g, poly 1.2g)|
|Cholesterol per serving:||9mg|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||39g|
|Sugars per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Sodium per serving:||290mg|