Chicken Cacciatore with Rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 sliced garlic cloves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes in juice, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cooked rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. add chicken to skillet and brown until golden, turning once, 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and reserve.
2. Reduce heat to medium; add onion and cook until soft and translucent, 6–7 minutes. add garlic and cook 1 minute. add mushrooms and oregano and cook until mushrooms release their water, 5 minutes.
3. add tomatoes with juices, tomato paste, wine, salt, and pepper; simmer until slightly reduced, 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; spoon with some of sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 20–25 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer chicken to a plate.
4. toss pasta with sauce in a large bowl. place 1 cup pasta with sauce in each of 4 serving bowls. top with 2 chicken thighs, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: The word cacciatore means hunter in Italian, and this hearty, rich dish is certainly fit for a hunter’s appetite. We suggest choosing a glass of red wine to pair with the meal as one of your daily snacks.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (Serving size: 1–2 thighs, 3⁄4 cup sauce from pan, and 1 cup pasta)
Resistant Starch: 1.5g
|Calories per serving:||462|
|Fat per serving:||9.6g (sat 1.9g, mono 4.1g, poly 2.1g)|
|Cholesterol per serving:||94mg|
|Protein per serving:||34g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||58g|
|Sugars per serving:||8g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Sodium per serving:||567mg|