Spaghetti and Clams
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds littleneck or Manila clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the cooking water before draining. Drain pasta and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
3. Add clams, crushed red pepper, lemon juice, and 1⁄2 cup cooking water; stir gently to combine. Cover and simmer until clams open and release their juices, about 6 minutes. Use tongs to transfer clams to a bowl.
4. Add cooked pasta and parmesan to the skillet with sauce. Cook, tossing, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Divide into 4 shallow bowls and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Resistant Starch: 2.2g
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (Serving size: About 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||276|
|Fat per serving:||4.8g (sat 2.3g, mono 1g, poly 0.7g)|
|Cholesterol per serving:||32mg|
|Protein per serving:||18g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||44g|
|Sugars per serving:||1g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Sodium per serving:||208mg|
Good to Know
Clams have a wonderful sweet-briny flavor and add a touch of sophistication for very few calories. They’re also a good source of iron.