Bison Sliders with Guacamole
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 small head butter lettuce, inner leaves separated
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 8 whole wheat slider buns
1. Mash avocado, sour cream, lime juice and zest, jalapeño, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl until chunky. Press plastic wrap onto surface of guacamole, and refrigerate.
2. Combine bison, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper in a small bowl. Form into eight 2-ounce patties, transfer to a plate, and set aside.
3. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill sliders until thoroughly cooked; 4 minutes per side for medium.
4. Layer one lettuce leaf, a slice of tomato, and an onion ring on bottom half of each bun, and top with 2 tablespoons guacamole. Add a slider, and top with other half of bun.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (1 serving: 2 sliders)
|Calories per serving:||444|
|Fat per serving:||24.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||11g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||61mg|
|Protein per serving:||23g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||38g|
|Sugars per serving:||7g|
|Fiber per serving:||9g|
|Sodium per serving:||544mg|
Good to Know
These juicy sliders are addictive! Make them for a party or an easy weeknight dinner.