Potato Canapés Stuffed with Sour Cream and Smoked Trout
- 3/4 pound mini red potatoes (about 8)
- 3 ounces pepper-crusted smoked trout, flaked
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced calorie sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
1. Place potatoes in a steamer and steam until tender but not mushy, 18–20 minutes. Cool, then halve.
2. Using the small side of a melon baller, carefully scoop out the centers of the potato halves and discard or reserve for another use.
3. Combine trout, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and chives in a bowl.
4. Place potato halves on a large plate or platter. Scoop about 1½ teaspoons trout mixture into each hollowed-out potato half and sprinkle with some chopped chives.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 16 canapés (1 serving: 4 canapés)
|Calories per serving:||136|
|Sugars per serving:||5.7g (sat 1.5g, mono 0.7g, poly 1.4g)|
|Cholesterol per serving:||29mg|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||14g|
|Sugars per serving:||1g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Sodium per serving:||396mg|
Good to Know
Elegant enough for a fancy cocktail party, we love that these potatoes take less than 30 minutes to make. The trout filling is the perfect interplay of salty and creamy.