Smoky Oven-Baked Potato Chips
- 2 russet potatoes (about 11⁄2 pounds), scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Using a mandolin slicer or sharp knife, slice potatoes into 1⁄8-inch-thick rounds. Pat dry on layers of paper towels to absorb as much moisture as possible.
3. Toss potato slices with oil in a large bowl, then toss with smoked paprika, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; arrange in a single layer on baking sheets.
4. Bake until browned and potato edges lift slightly from baking sheets, 20–25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt.
5. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 6 servings (1 serving: about 11 chips)
|Calories per serving:||130|
|Fat per serving:||4.7g (sat 0.7g, mono 3.3g, poly 0.5g)|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||20g|
|Sugars per serving:||1g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Sodium per serving:||298mg|
Good to Know
Potato chips are back on the menu! These are lighter than most store-bought varieties because we oven-bake them. Smoked paprika makes them even more flavorful.