Roast Beef Tenderloin With Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, plus 1/8 teaspoon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 (14.5-ounces)reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
1. Preheat oven to 400°. toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil and rosemary on a rimmed baking sheet; season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. roast 10 minutes. (potatoes will roast 45-60 minutes total.)
2. Meanwhile, finely chop garlic; sprinkle with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. using flat edge of knife, smash salt and garlic to form a paste. transfer to a bowl; combine with 1 teaspoon oil and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. rub beef with mixture.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. add beef to skillet, turning occasionally, until browned all over, 5-8 minutes. remove baking sheet from oven; nestle beef among potatoes. (reserve skillet.) roast beef with potatoes until internal temperature reaches 125°, about 30-35 minutes. transfer roast to a cutting board to rest; continue roasting potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Return reserved skillet to heat; add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits. simmer until reduced by half, 5-8 minutes. Whisk together cornstarch and red wine; add to skillet. simmer until thickened, 2 minutes. remove from heat and swirl in butter; season with remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper. slice roast and serve with potatoes and sauce.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (1 serving: 4 ounces beef, 2 1/2 ounces potatoes, 2 tablespoons sauce)
|Calories per serving:||335|
|Fat per serving:||11.7g (sat 4.3g, mono 5.2g, poly 0.6g)|
|Cholesterol per serving:||81mg|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||23g|
|Sugars per serving:||2g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Sodium per serving:||581mg|
Good to Know
Classic and satisfying, a Sunday roast fills your house with the most amazing aroma. We promise that this will become a family favorite.