Fusilli Michelangelo with Roasted Chicken
- 7 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 pound whole wheat fusilli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed (skin discarded)
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1. Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl. Bring balsamic vinegar, sugar, and 3 tablespoons water to a boil. Pour over tomatoes; let stand 10 minutes. Drain and slice.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; reserve 1⁄2 cup cooking water and drain.
3. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Cook 1 minute without stirring, then cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add basil and reserved tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Add tomato sauce; bring to a simmer. Add pasta, 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan, reserved cooking water, chicken; toss, and transfer to serving bowl. Add arugula, pine nuts, and remaining Parmesan. Serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (1 serving: 1 1/3 cups)
|Calories per serving:||431|
|Fat per serving:||16.9g (sat 4.6g, mono 7.2g, poly 3.4g)|
|Cholesterol per serving:||81mg|
|Protein per serving:||37g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||36g|
|Sugars per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||620mg|
Good to Know
Michael Chiarello is the nationally renowned chef/owner of Bottega, his highly acclaimed Napa Valley restaurant in Yountville, California. An Emmy-winning Food Network host and Top Chef Masters finalist, Chiarello is also a winemaker and the tastemaker behind NapaStyle, a culinary retail store and catalog.