Sausage, Tomato, White Bean and Corkscrew Pasta Toss
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 links (6 ounces) low-fat Italian sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 (26-ounce) can diced tomatoes, juice included
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat fusilli pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add sausage and cook until browned, 5-6 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes with juices, beans, oregano, chili flakes, salt, and pepper and bring to a low boil.
4. Reduce heat and cook until liquid reduces slightly, 3-4 minutes.
5. Stir in pasta and heat through, 2-3 minutes.
6. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish each bowl with 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1/2 tablespoon parsley.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Resistant starch: 5 grams
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 1/4 cups pasta)
|Calories per serving:||435|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||17mg|
|Protein per serving:||24g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||65g|
|Sugars per serving:||8g|
|Fiber per serving:||12g|
|Sodium per serving:||365mg|