Pasta with Peas, Ham and Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen peas, defrosted
- 8 ounces dry whole-wheat orecchiette or bowtie pasta
- 4 ounces lean boneless ham, thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine sour cream and peas in a small bowl.
2. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
3. Return pasta to pot and fold in sour cream mixture, ham, 3/4 cup cheese, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
4. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish with additional tarragon and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Resistant starch: 4 grams
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups pasta)
|Calories per serving:||434|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||55mg|
|Protein per serving:||29g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||54g|
|Sugars per serving:||5g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Sodium per serving:||538mg|