Honey and Sesame-Glazed Salmon with Confetti Barley Salad
- 3/4 cup pearled barley
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables, defrosted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
3. Add barley, return to a boil, and boil until tender, 30 minutes. Add vegetable medley during last 3 minute of cooking. Drain, cool slightly, toss with 2 teaspoons sesame seeds and reserve.
4. While barley is cooking, make salmon: Combine honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili flakes. Reserve 4 tablespoons of mixture. Place salmon on a baking sheet, and brush with honey-soy mixture. Bake until salmon is flaky, 15 minutes. Place reserved sauce in a small saucepan over low heat and keep warm.
5. Divide barley mixture among 4 plates, top with a salmon fillet and 1 tablespoon warmed sauce, and sprinkle with scallions and remaining sesame seeds.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Resistant starch: 0.3 gram
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup barley-vegetable mixture, 4 ounces salmon, and 1 tablespoon additional sauce)
|Calories per serving:||435|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||72mg|
|Protein per serving:||33g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||53g|
|Sugars per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||9g|
|Sodium per serving:||615mg|