Hearty Chicken Posole Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire- roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon diced green chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onions and cook until soft, 6–7 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook, stirring, an additional 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken, cumin, and oregano and cook, stirring, until just cooked through, 5 minutes.
5. Add broth, tomatoes, hominy, green chile, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, skimming foam from top of soup, and simmer 10 minutes, until liquid has thickened slightly.
6. Divide among 4 bowls and serve immediately with tortilla chips alongside, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Resistant starch: 1 gram
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups stew)
|Calories per serving:||303|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||63mg|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||26g|
|Sugars per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Sodium per serving:||743mg|