Broccoli and Cheese-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- 4 Idaho potatoes, scrubbed (10 ounces)
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 ounces reduced-fat extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, defrosted
1. Cook potatoes:
OVEN: Preheat oven to 400°. Pierce potatoes with a fork, and wrap each in foil. Bake until tender, 1 hour.
MICROWAVE: Pierce potatoes with a fork, and wrap each in a paper towel. Place in microwave, and cook on high 8 minutes, until just tender when pierced with a fork (potatoes will continue to cook when removed from microwave).
While potatoes are cooking, make sauce:
2. Combine milk and flour in a small saucepan, bring to simmer, and cook, whisking, until thickened, 2–3 minutes. Add cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and whisk until sauce is smooth. Continue to simmer, whisking, an additional 2 minutes.
3. Heat broccoli in a heat-safe dish in the microwave for 4-5 minutes, until hot.
4. Split cooked potatoes open with a knife. Spoon 1/2 cup broccoli into each potato, and top with 1/4 cup Cheddar sauce.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Resistant starch: 3 grams
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 potato, 1/2 cup broccoli and 1/4 cup cheddar sauce)
|Calories per serving:||377|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||17mg|
|Protein per serving:||18g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||66g|
|Sugars per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Sodium per serving:||403mg|