Grilled Cheese and Tomato on Rye
- Cooking spray
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 8 ounces reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
1. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spay and heat over medium-high heat.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard on each of 4 slices of bread, then top each with 2 slices of cheese and 1 slice of tomato. Top with an additional slice of bread.
3. Place sandwiches in pan, and place another pan on top of the sandwiches.
4. Cook until bottoms of sandwiches are browned, 2-3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking an additional 2-3 minutes, until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Resistant starch: 2 grams
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||355|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||32mg|
|Protein per serving:||22g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||35g|
|Sugars per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Sodium per serving:||1192mg|