CarbLovers Club Sandwich
- 3/4 cup drained and rinsed low-sodium cannellini beans from a 15-ounce can
- 2 cloves roasted garlic (such as Christopher Ranch brand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices thin whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cooked according to directions and drained
1. Mash beans, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper with a fork and reserve.
2. Arrange 4 slices bread on a work surface. Spread 3 tablespoons white-bean mixture on each slice of bread.
3. Top with 2 slices lettuce and 2 tomato slices.
4. Layer another slice of bread on each sandwich and top with each with 4 slices avocado and 2 slices turkey bacon. Top with last piece of bread.
5. Slice sandwiches in half diagonally, and secure with toothpicks.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||412|
|Fat per serving:||18g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||10g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||14mg|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||47g|
|Sugars per serving:||5g|
|Fiber per serving:||12g|
|Sodium per serving:||572mg|
The CarbLovers Diet