Steel-Cut Oatmeal with Salted Caramel Topping
- 1 cup uncooked instant steel-cut oats
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Over high heat in a medium saucepan, bring oatmeal and milk to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until oatmeal is cooked but not mushy, 7-8 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and distribute among four 6-ounce ramekins, arranged on a rimmed baking sheet.
4. Combine sugar and salt, and sprinkle evenly on top of ramekins. Place ramekins in oven for 3-4 minutes, until sugar is melted.
5. Remove from oven and turn oven to broil. Broil ramekins until sugar is browned and bubbly, watching carefully that they don’t burn, 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, and top each oatmeal brûlée with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream and 1 tablespoon fresh berries.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Resistant starch: 2 grams
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 ramekin)
|Calories per serving:||242|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||20mg|
|Protein per serving:||9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||39g|
|Sugars per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Sodium per serving:||229mg|