Grilled Oaxacan Corn
- Prep Time: Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 ears corn (serving size: 1 ear corn, 1 1/2 tbsp. cheese, 2 tsp. dressing)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ears corn, husks removed
- 6 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco (about 2 oz.)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish, optional
1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Whisk lime juice, 1 1/2 Tbsp. oil and cayenne in a small bowl. Season with salt.
2. Brush corn with remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp. oil and grill, turning a few times, until kernels give slightly when pressed and turn deeper yellow, about 12 minutes.
3. Remove corn from grill to a serving platter and brush with lime juice mixture. Crumble queso fresco on top and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
- Calories per serving: 213
- Fat per serving: 14g
- Saturated fat per serving: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Protein per serving: 5g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 20g
- Fiber per serving: 2g
- Cholesterol per serving: 8mg
- Iron per serving: 1mg
- Sodium per serving: 138mg
- Calcium per serving: 68mg