Powered-Up Potato Salad
- Prep Time: Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 6 (serving size: 1 cup)
Good to Know
Purple potatoes are good for your heart and red potatoes are packed with fiber and vitamin C. This salad is a very low-calorie – just 145 calories – side dish for your summer barbecue.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 cups diced red cabbage
- 1 bag (about 24 oz.) tricolor baby potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons safflower or canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced chives
1. In a bowl, stir vinegar, sugar, pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt until sugar dissolves. Stir in mustard seeds and cabbage.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, return to a boil and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Drain potatoes; let cool slightly. Fold into cabbage mixture with oil and chives. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories per serving: 145
- Fat per serving: 5g
- Saturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Protein per serving: 3g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 23g
- Fiber per serving: 2g
- Cholesterol per serving: 0.0mg
- Iron per serving: 1mg
- Sodium per serving: 226mg
- Calcium per serving: 33mg