Butter Lettuce, Radish and Avocado Salad with Mustard Dressing
- Try this recipe in early spring, when the first radishes appear at farmers' markets.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups salad)
Good to Know
Try this recipe in early spring, when the first radishes appear at farmers' markets. A tangy mustard vinaigrette balances out avocado's buttery richness.
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 8 French breakfast radishes or round red radishes, halved
- 1 scallion, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced at an angle
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
1. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard with a pinch each of salt and pepper. While whisking, add oils in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
2. Toss dressing with lettuce, radishes, scallion and dill. Top with avocado and serve.
- Calories per serving152
- Fat per serving14.4
- Saturated fat per serving1.7
- Monounsaturated fat per serving6.1
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving5.7
- Protein per serving2
- Carbohydrates per serving6
- Fiber per serving3
- Cholesterol per serving0.0
- Iron per serving1
- Sodium per serving122
- Calcium per serving30