Spinach and Cheese Pizza
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 2 slices)
Good to Know
Goat cheese is a healthier, low-cal option to get a gooey slice of pizza, and spinach contains tons of vitamin K and A. Cooking tip: A splash of water - not extra oil - gets these onions sweet and carmelized.
1. Place an oven rack on lowest position and preheat to 500°F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-inch round. Generously sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Place dough on sheet. Bake until crisp, about 12 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-high. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook on low until soft. Stir in spinach; spoon on crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Crumble cheese on top.
4. Bake for 5 minutes. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.