Red Potato and Rosemary Pizza
- Prep Time: Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 2 slices)
Good to Know
This quick-and-easy meal takes less than 20 minutes to make and packs in 10 grams of filling protein. Enjoy 2 slices for just 331 calories! Bonus? Red potatoes are high in fat-burning resistant starch.
- All-purpose flour and cornmeal
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounce red potatoes, scrubbed and very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Place an oven rack on lowest position and preheat to 500°F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-inch round. Generously sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Place dough on sheet.
3. In a large bowl, stir together garlic and oil. Add potatoes, rosemary and salt. Top dough with potatoes, overlapping, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with Parmesan and pepper.
4. Bake until cheese has melted and crust is crisp, about 13 minutes. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.
- Calories per serving: 331
- Fat per serving: 8.4g
- Saturated fat per serving: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.5g
- Protein per serving: 10g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 60g
- Fiber per serving: 9g
- Cholesterol per serving: 2mg
- Iron per serving: 3mg
- Sodium per serving: 621mg
- Calcium per serving: 79mg