Power Nachos are our successful attempt at turning these favorite snacks into a mini-meal that's loaded with fresh veggies and filling, protein-packed beans.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 10 chips plus toppings)
Good to Know
These munchies have 18 grams of energizing protein and 9 grams of fiber.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (15.5-oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, finely chopped, plus leaves for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces multigrain tortilla chips
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Salsa (for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the oil, 1 cup beans, chopped cilantro, and 2 TBSP lime juice. In another bowl, toss the celery, onion, 3/4 cup beans, and 1 TBSP lime juice.
3. Spread chips on a baking sheet; cover with the cheese. Bake until cheese melts.
4. Top the hot nachos with the bean mixtures, avocado, and salsa; garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Calories per serving393
- Fat per serving16
- Saturated fat per serving5.2
- Monounsaturated fat per serving6.6
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving1.6
- Protein per serving18
- Carbohydrates per serving43
- Fiber per serving9
- Cholesterol per serving20
- Iron per serving4
- Sodium per serving571
- Calcium per serving304