Whole-Wheat Pasta with Kale and Roast Chicken
- Prep Time: 12
- Cook Time: 20
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
Good to Know
A quick Italian mean doesn’t get much more nutritious than this! Whole-wheat pasta lend itself to extra fiber and good carbs, roasted chicken adds lean protein, and kale is one of the Superfoods of the moment.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 recipe Braised Kale, puréed
- 3 cups white meat and 1/2 cup sauce from Roast Chicken with Pan Sauce
- 1 (15-oz) can low-sodium chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
1. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 3 TBSP cooking liquid; drain.
2. In large skillet, heat rest of ingredients, stirring, until very hot.
3. Toss in the pasta and cooking liquid.
- Calories per serving515
- Fat per serving12.2
- Saturated fat per serving2.2
- Monounsaturated fat per serving6.4
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving2.1
- Protein per serving46
- Carbohydrates per serving59
- Fiber per serving12
- Cholesterol per serving89
- Iron per serving5
- Sodium per serving535
- Calcium per serving156