Whole-Wheat Pasta with Kale and Roast Chicken
- Prep Time: Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
Good to Know
A quick Italian mean doesn’t get much more nutritious than this! Whole-wheat pasta lend itself to extra fiber and good carbs, roasted chicken adds lean protein, and kale is one of the Superfoods of the moment.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 3 cups
- 1 (15-oz) can low-sodium chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
1. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 3 TBSP cooking liquid; drain.
2. In large skillet, heat rest of ingredients, stirring, until very hot.
3. Toss in the pasta and cooking liquid.
- Calories per serving: 515
- Fat per serving: 12.2g
- Saturated fat per serving: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 2.1g
- Protein per serving: 46g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 59g
- Fiber per serving: 12g
- Cholesterol per serving: 89mg
- Iron per serving: 5mg
- Sodium per serving: 535mg
- Calcium per serving: 156mg