Seared Salmon with Orange-Lentil Salad
- Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Time:
- Yield: 4
Good to KnowGot leftover lentils? Try tossing into salads for a protein boost, or smear a bit of goat cheese on crostini and top with lentils for a smart snack.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 5-oz. center-cut skinless salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 1/2 cups marinated lentils
1. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Season salmon generously with salt and pepper; add to skillet top-side down and cook, undisturbed, until deep golden, about 4 minutes. Turn and sear on opposite side until just barely cooked through, 1 1/2 to 3 minutes longer, depending on thickness.
2. While salmon is cooking, stir orange zest, juice and red onion into lentils. Divide salad among 4 plates, top with salmon and serve.
- Calories per serving: 433
- Fat per serving: 19g
- Saturated fat per serving: 3g
- Cholesterol per serving: 78mg
- Fiber per serving: 9g
- Protein per serving: 38g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 25g
- Sodium per serving: 816mg
- Iron per serving: 5mg
- Calcium per serving: 45mg