Mexican Roasted Corn Salad With Buttermilk Dressing
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: about 2 cups salad)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (regular or smoked)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 ears shucked corn
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk, well-shaken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 6 cups mixed greens
- Handful of flowering herbs, such as tarragon flowers, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Whisk together the lime juice, 2 teaspoons olive oil, ancho chile powder, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Place the corn on the prepared baking sheet, and brush with the lime mixture. Roast the corn for 30 minutes.
3. Remove corn from the oven. Adjust oven rack 4 inches from heat, and turn on broiler. Return corn to oven, and broil, turning, for 3 minutes or until browned in patches.
4. Whisk together buttermilk, grated Parmesan cheese, and remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. With a small, sharp knife, cut corn off cobs into a serving bowl; gently toss kernels with grape halves and mixed greens. Divide salad among 4 dinner plates. Garnish each with flowering herbs, if desired, and drizzle evenly with dressing; serve.
- Calories per serving: 218
- Fat per serving: 8g
- Saturated fat per serving: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 1g
- Protein per serving: 8g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 34g
- Fiber per serving: 6g
- Cholesterol per serving: 6mg
- Iron per serving: 2mg
- Sodium per serving: 297mg
- Calcium per serving: 147mg