Whole-Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
- Yield: Makes 3 servings (serving size: two 5-inch pancakes)
- 3/4 cup multigrain pancake mix (such as Arrowhead Mills)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Combine first 4 ingredients (through blueberries).
2. Pour about 1/4 cup batter (or use a 2-ounce ice-cream scoop) per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 2–3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Flip pancakes over, and cook an additional 2–3 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Pile on a plate in 1 stack. Cover with a hand towel to keep warm.
3. Place 2 pancakes on each of 3 plates. Drizzle with the maple syrup, and dust with some powdered sugar, if desired.
- Calories per serving: 212
- Fat per serving: 6g
- Saturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 2g
- Protein per serving: 6g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 34g
- Fiber per serving: 4g
- Cholesterol per serving: 6mg
- Iron per serving: 2mg
- Sodium per serving: 286mg
- Calcium per serving: 114mg