Zucchini with Corn and Cilantro
Use this vegetable medley as a fresh substitute for salsa or guacamole salad on a Tex-Mex fiesta plate.
- Prep Time: Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
Good to KnowSubstitute this vegetable medley for salsa and cut total sodium to nearly a tenth. Or swap it for guacamole for one-tenth the fat and half the calories. Serve with baked tortilla chips for a deliciously satisfying snack.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups cubed zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and corn; cook, stirring occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
Remove from heat, and stir in cilantro and remaining ingredients.
- Calories per serving: 62
- Caloriesfromfat per serving: 23%
- Fat per serving: 1.6g
- Saturated fat per serving: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.3g
- Protein per serving: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 12g
- Fiber per serving: 2.4g
- Cholesterol per serving: 0.0mg
- Iron per serving: 0.7mg
- Sodium per serving: 152mg
- Calcium per serving: 19mg