Homemade Peach Ice Cream
When peaches are in season, there's no alternative to their sweet flavor in this creamy dessert.
- Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
Good to Know
With homemade ice cream, you can monitor the amount and types of fat that go into the creamy treat. Indulge in this guilt-free ice cream on a hot summer's night and get a boost of calcium. Fruit ice creams also have the antioxidant perks.
- 2 cups evaporated fat-free milk
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup calorie-free sweetener
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches (about 2 medium peaches)
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Stir in peaches.
Pour mixture into freezer container of a 2-quart hand-turned or electric freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let stand at least 1 hour before serving.
Tip: If you don't have almond extract, use 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Calories per serving58
- Calories per serving0.0
- Fat per serving0.1
- Saturated fat per serving0.1
- Monounsaturated fat per serving0.0
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving0.0
- Protein per serving5.1
- Carbohydrates per serving10.5
- Fiber per serving0.5
- Cholesterol per serving2
- Iron per serving0.0
- Sodium per serving75
- Calcium per serving0.0