Black Forest Trifle
- Yield: 12 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
- 1 (8-ounce) package chocolate sugar-free, low-fat cake mix (such as Sweet 'N Low)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1-ounce) package chocolate sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding mix
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen no-sugar-added pitted cherries
- 2 or 3 drops of red food coloring
- 2 cups fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sugar-free chocolate curls (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using 3/4 cup water. Let cake cool in pan; remove from pan, and cut into cubes.
Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups fat-free milk; chill at least 30 minutes.
Thaw cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine cherries, juice, and food coloring.
Place half of cake cubes in a 3-quart trifle bowl. Spoon half of cherries over cake; spread 1 cup pudding over cherries, and top with half of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired (chocolate curls not included in analysis). Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Calories per serving: 132
- Caloriesfromfat per serving: 0.0%
- Fat per serving: 1.7g
- Saturated fat per serving: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Protein per serving: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 28.1g
- Fiber per serving: 0.9g
- Cholesterol per serving: 1mg
- Iron per serving: 0.0mg
- Sodium per serving: 151mg
- Calcium per serving: 0.0mg