Walnut Coffee Cake
- Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
Good to Know
Each mouthwatering slice of this Bundt cake reveals a cinnamon-sugar swirl full of heart-healthy walnuts. Substitute pecans for an equally delicious variation.
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 14 1/2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat buttermilk
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until well combined (about 3 minutes). Add egg substitute; beat 3 minutes or until combined. Beat in vanilla.
Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating well after each addition and scraping sides of bowl. Spoon half of batter into a 10-inch Bundt pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle half of brown sugar mixture evenly over batter; spoon remaining half of batter into pan. Top with remaining brown sugar mixture.
Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Calories per serving: 298
- Caloriesfromfat per serving: 27%
- Fat per serving: 9g
- Saturated fat per serving: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 1.6g
- Protein per serving: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 50.3g
- Fiber per serving: 0.9g
- Cholesterol per serving: 19mg
- Iron per serving: 1.7mg
- Sodium per serving: 326mg
- Calcium per serving: 68mg