Scrambled Egg Burritos
- Prep Time: Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 servings (serving size: 1 burrito)
Good to KnowMake this breakfast burrito even healthier by using egg whites instead of whole eggs to cut back on cholesterol and saturated fat. Use fat-free milk and fat-free cheese to cut out even more fat.
- 2 large eggs, or equivalent egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash of coarsely ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas, heated
- 4 tablespoons chopped seeded tomato, divided
- 2 tablespoons bottled chunky salsa, divided
1. Whisk the first 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl.
2. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and melt butter over medium heat. Add the egg mixture, and stir with a heatproof rubber spatula to scramble.
3. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese down the center of one tortilla; top with half of the scrambled egg, 2 tablespoons tomato, and 1 tablespoon chunky salsa.
4. Roll up burrito-style (fold bottom up and sides to center). Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Calories per serving: 259
- Fat per serving: 9g
- Saturated fat per serving: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 1g
- Protein per serving: 15g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 29g
- Fiber per serving: 3g
- Cholesterol per serving: 222mg
- Iron per serving: 1mg
- Sodium per serving: 667mg
- Calcium per serving: 143mg