Linguine Frittata With Greens
- Prep Time: Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 of frittata)
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 3 large eggs, or equivalent egg substitute
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked linguine (about 4 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped collard greens, thawed and with water squeezed out
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Coat a large ovenproof skillet with cooking spray, and melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Add leek, and sauté 4 minutes or until softened. Set aside.
2. Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, Parmesan, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in linguine, collards, and reserved leek.
3. Melt remaining 1 teaspoon butter in skillet over low heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cover and cook 10 minutes or until the top is set. Meanwhile, heat broiler.
4. Sprinkle frittata with mozzarella, and broil 3 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges.
- Calories per serving: 330
- Fat per serving: 12g
- Saturated fat per serving: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 1g
- Protein per serving: 23g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 32g
- Fiber per serving: 4g
- Cholesterol per serving: 181mg
- Iron per serving: 3mg
- Sodium per serving: 500mg
- Calcium per serving: 421mg