Salmon Salad With Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 10
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 salmon fillet and 1 cup greens)
Good to Know
This salad is full of protein from the salmon and hard-boiled eggs. To cut back on cholesterol, avoid the eggs, and you'll still get lots of protein. Protein is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which studies show play an important role in brain health.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (3-ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Place beans in large pan of boiling water; cook 2 minutes. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
3. Combine vinegar, mustard, oil, shallots, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small bowl, stirring well with whisk; set aside.
4. Using a mister, spray both sides of each fillet with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 tea-spoon pepper. Place fish, skin side up, on grill rack; cook 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork, turning after 4 minutes.
5. Arrange 1 cup greens in each of 4 bowls; top with onion, egg slices, and beans. Top with salmon; drizzle with dressing.
- Calories per serving271
- Fat per serving13
- Saturated fat per serving2
- Monounsaturated fat per serving6
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving3
- Protein per serving26
- Carbohydrates per serving13
- Fiber per serving5
- Cholesterol per serving160
- Iron per serving3
- Sodium per serving355
- Calcium per serving110