Oven-Roasted Sweet-Potato Wedges
- Yield: serves 4 (serving size: 1 cup)
Good to Know
When you’re frantically searching for healthy side dishes, remember that sweet potatoes are in season during November and December. Loaded with vitamin A, sweet potatoes pack more than double the fiber of regular potatoes.
- 3 small sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 450°.
Peel sweet potatoes; cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients; toss well to coat.
Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake potatoes at 450° for 30 minutes or until soft and lightly browned, turning wedges after the first 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Calories per serving189
- Calories per serving25
- Fat per serving5
- Saturated fat per serving0.7
- Monounsaturated fat per serving3.7
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving0.5
- Protein per serving3
- Carbohydrates per serving34
- Fiber per serving4
- Cholesterol per serving0.0
- Iron per serving1
- Sodium per serving307
- Calcium per serving41