Oven-Roasted Sweet-Potato Wedges
- Yield: serves 4 (serving size: 1 cup)
Good to Know
When you’re frantically searching for healthy side dishes, remember that sweet potatoes are in season during November and December. Loaded with vitamin A, sweet potatoes pack more than double the fiber of regular potatoes.
- 3 small sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 450°.
Peel sweet potatoes; cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients; toss well to coat.
Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake potatoes at 450° for 30 minutes or until soft and lightly browned, turning wedges after the first 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Calories per serving: 189
- Caloriesfromfat per serving: 25%
- Fat per serving: 5g
- Saturated fat per serving: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.5g
- Protein per serving: 3g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 34g
- Fiber per serving: 4g
- Cholesterol per serving: 0.0mg
- Iron per serving: 1mg
- Sodium per serving: 307mg
- Calcium per serving: 41mg