- Yield: 42 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
Good to Know
These cookies are deliciously guilt-free, with just over 1 gram of fat, only about a third of what’s found in traditional cookie recipes. Plus, calorie- and fat-free spices like cinnamon can help improve your health.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375°.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar, stirring with a whisk.
Combine 1 cup of sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add the corn syrup, vanilla, and egg; beat well. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating just until combined. Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon, stirring with a whisk.
With moist hands, shape dough into 42 (1-inch) balls. Roll balls in sugar mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft). Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Calories per serving: 54
- Caloriesfromfat per serving: 22%
- Fat per serving: 1.3g
- Saturated fat per serving: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.4g
- Protein per serving: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 10.1g
- Fiber per serving: 0.2g
- Cholesterol per serving: 8mg
- Iron per serving: 0.3mg
- Sodium per serving: 28mg
- Calcium per serving: 3mg