- Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Time:
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (Serving size: 2 cups pasta and 2 tablespoons cheese)
Good to Know
This delightful pasta is as gorgeous on the plate as it is delicious. We love the whimsical bow-tie shape, but feel free to substitute any pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound small multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups low-fat milk (1%)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 3 small carrots (6 ounces), peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, halved and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1⁄2 ounce), divided
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. While water is heating, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, 6–7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook (do not stir) until slightly bursting, 5 minutes.
4. Whisk together milk and flour and add to vegetables. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer. stir until thickened, 2–3 minutes.
Add salt and pepper, stir to incorporate, remove from heat, and cover with foil to keep warm.
5. Cook pasta according to package directions. During last 3 minutes of cooking, add carrots to boiling pasta. During last minute of cooking, add asparagus and zucchini.
6. Drain pasta and vegetables (do not rinse); add immediately to warmed vegetable-cream sauce.
7. Toss gently and divide among 4 pasta bowls.
8. Divide basil and parmesan among bowls.
- Calories per serving: 286
- Fat per serving: 7.2g (sat 2.5g, mono 3.4g, poly 0.8g)
- Cholesterol per serving: 12mg
- Protein per serving: 14g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 43g
- Sugars per serving: 15g
- Fiber per serving: 5g
- Sodium per serving: 473mg