Magic Yoga Move: Slim, Strong Arms
Now, I love my arms not only because they have great definition, but also because I can hold myself up in challenging poses, carry heavy grocery bags, and swing my nephews around. Strong is beautiful!
How to do it:
1. Lie on your belly with forehead and forearms on the floor. Inhale as you engage your abs and raise your chest until elbows are at 90 degrees. Imagine your hands are glued to the mat, pulling the floor toward you.
2. Keeping forearms down, exhale as you tuck your toes and lift your body so its in a straight line from heels to shoulders. Contract your abs, hug your shoulder blades together, and press firmly into your arms and back through your heels.
3. Inhale, lifting hips toward the ceiling. Move your shoulders away from your ears and think about drawing your front ribs toward each other.
4. Exhale as you straighten both arms. (If this is too challenging at first, straighten one arm at a time.)
5. Inhale, untucking your toes and lowering your hips toward the floor (dont let them touch) as you lift your chest. Exhale as you lower down, rolling your torso until your forehead touches the floor.