Am I Normal 'Down There'?

Health medical editor Dr. Roshini Raj answers all of your embarrassing questions about your private parts.

Credit: Fotolia

5 of 9

Should I treat a bug bite any differently if it's in my pubic area?

No need to treat it any differently. A cold pack can reduce minor swelling, and calamine lotion or an antihistamine pill will decrease itching or soreness.

Do keep in mind that a number of sexually transmitted diseases, such as herpes and genital warts, can look like insect bites. If the bite doesn’t clear up in a few days, or if you notice any discharge or change in color, see your doctor to rule out an STD. In the meantime, avoid sexual intercourse.

Next: I keep getting yeast infections. Could my Spanx be to blame?

» View All

Get the latest health, fitness, anti-aging, and nutrition news, plus special offers, insights and updates from!

More Ways to Connect with Health