Ulcerative colitis is a chronic condition, but people can be symptom-free for years between occasional flare-ups. Treatment with medication helps to prevent or ease those flare-ups. Dietary changes can help prevent flare-ups too.
Symptoms and Treatments
- Ulcerative Colitis? Try These Dessert Recipes Choosing the right foods can help control symptoms, which include crampy abdominal pain and severe diarrhea. It can take trial and error to find the food that works best for you, but these low-fiber, nondairy recipes may help.
- 14 Foods to Avoid If You Have Ulcerative Colitis
- 13 Surprising Causes of Constipation
- 10 Risk Factors for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Read more
Living With Ulcerative Colitis
- 8 Tips for Coping With Ulcerative ColitisDay-to-day life with ulcerative colitis (UC) can be a major challenge. This inflammatory bowel disease affects the digestive tract, and during flare-ups can cause abdominal pain, fever, and weight loss.
- Ulcerative Colitis Made My Teen and College Years a Nightmare
- 8 Websites for People With Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Daily Tips for Coping With Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Moving? How to Cope with Ulcerative Colitis During Transitions
- Read more